What do we mean by "outreach"? Reaching out the hand of fellowship to our neighbours and communities. "Love your neighbour as yourself" [Matthew 23:39].
The Church has served communities for 100s of years
- The Monasteries provided food for the hungry, shelter for the homeless, care for the sick and compasion for the dying.
- Education was introduced through Sunday Schools. [Before State Education].
- Hospices were created to aid the sick and dying.
- In latter centuries Church growth brought about spritual enlightenment through its Chrstian message encouraging people to reach out to their Communities and do good works, bringing others into the fold.
- Society was influenced in evolving a moral code based on Biblical revelation and values.
Good works continue today through:
- Our Missionary Societies
- Local Churches
- Christian Aid and its partners. Bringing help to the needy, aid to the helpless, support to the weak and succour to the hopeless throughout the world.
Our Welfare State tries to address many of our social problems today and the Church continues to play its part, but, in Mathew 4:4 "The scripture says, Man cannot live by bread alone, but needs every word that God speaks" i.e. a Spiritual input.
The Church is not a closed shop. It is open to all those who are seeking that spiritual insight that comes from recognising there is something greater than ourselves as we proceed on life's journey.
Our Nation, over hundreds of years, has been built on the principles of Christian Teaching. This has given us a moral code by which we can live a healthy life, in mind, body and spirit, underpinning much of the law on our statute books.
We were involved in welfare, education and medical care long before the state took control of these matters. All these things in the name of God inspired by the Teachings of Jesus Christ through the Bible.
There is more to life than material things. Human beings have three attributes in their make up - Mind, Body and Spirit, and all need nourishment to prosper and develop.
Through Worship, Prayer and Study.
If your Faith is weak at this time of your life and you feel distraught
We are there for you - contact us [Romans 14 v1]
If you have had a lapse in your belief and are thinking of reconnecting
We are there for you - contact us [Luke v15-4]
If you are confused about your faith and need spiritual guidance
We are there for you - contact [Mathew 7 v11